During a gorgeous Winter afternoon at the Monarch Butterfly Grove in Pismo Beach, we captured Lauren and Zach’s engagement photos. These two quickly warmed up to the camera. We laughed and adventured our way through this nature preserve. We can’t wait for their Fall wedding later this year with Monarch Wedding Planning at the stunning Cypress Golf Course.
As I have gotten to know these two a bit more, I have learned a few things. Lauren is a BIG Dodgers fan. She knows all the stats and loves going to games whenever possible. I asked what their top three activities they enjoy doing as a couple: eat, watch Netflix, and sleep!! Same, friend. Same!! But seriously, these two just enjoy spending time together and with their families. Hiking and going on adventures when they can.
1. CLEAN YOUR RING! : I will be photographing your gorgeous diamond! This is the perfect opportunity to have your ring cleaned so that it’s clear of dirt and other build-up that may be visible through a macro lens!
2. HAIR & MAKEUP: Splurge a little! Treat yourself! You will cherish these images forever. So investing in professional hair and makeup can be an extra fun way to celebrate the occasion and allow you to be extra confident during your shoot! Tip: If you’re worried about looking tired or just want a little something special for your portraits, getting false lashes will make the most impact in your portraits! There are all types of lashes that range from looking completely natural to looking like Beyonce! I would lean towards the natural end of the spectrum! 🙂
3. THE TIMELINE: I am always a few minutes early for engagement sessions. That way we can scope out the location and find the light that will be flattering on our couples! So, we recommend leaving 15-30 minutes earlier than you originally planned, just to be safe! We are racing the sun and once it has set, it’s gone.
4. HAVE A PREVIEW PARTY: In the past, we have found that it is incredibly helpful for our brides to sit down and have a little preview party with their groom before their engagement session. Take ten minutes and sit down together to scroll through 2-3 of your favorite engagement sessions on my blog. Now your fiance will be prepared and ready!
5. TAKE A DEEP BREATH! : You’re going to be amazing models! We always tell our couples that the BEST models are the ones who have never modeled professionally before! And we mean it! The couples who are usually most nervous are the couples who totally rock their session! So be encouraged! We have worked with EVERY personality type and EVERY body type, and we always create images that our clients love!! Get excited!
Check out some of our other recent engagements. Click below to see more.
send me my guide
A lot of moving pieces go into planning a wedding day timeline and we know it's easy to feel like a hot mess! Grab our free guide to plan the perfect timeline for your day.
Stress Free Wedding Day
Five tips for a
the completely free guide